1. GamePlan A guidelines
We are looking forward to receiving a comment on our posts from you – no matter whether it is affirmation, controversial criticism or an additional aspect to the post’s content. However, to ensure that our website is buzzing with quality conversation and that the integrity of our bloggers and our readers is maintained, we ask you to take note of the following guidelines and advice and to act upon them. If you are an employee of the adidas Group or one of its brands, please consider our general social media guidelines in addition to the below.
Respect your audience.
We all appreciate respect – no matter whether it is in the real or a virtual world. Don’t use ethnic slurs, personal insults or obscenity, or engage in any conduct that you wouldn’t accept yourself. You should also show proper consideration for the privacy of others and for topics that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory (like religion or politics). Showing respect also includes not commenting negatively on other brands and companies.
Please respect copyright.
If it is not yours, don’t use it. It is very simple. It is everybody’s own choice to share his or her ideas and materials with the world, not yours. Before posting someone else’s work, please check with the owner first. When you do make a reference, where possible, link back to the source.
It’s on you!
You are personally responsible for the content you contribute to this website and your registered username will appear. The adidas Group does not warrant that any comments are correct and/or complete.
Have you posted something that just wasn’t true? Be the first to respond to your own mistake.
Offer comments and feedback that contribute to quality conversation about the topic being discussed. Off-topic comments will disturb the discussion and might confuse other readers.
Consider this website’s purpose.
This website is a web-diary of adidas Group employees from various areas within our organization and does have a particular goal (About). We invite you to let us know what you think! However, if you have questions, suggestions and/or opinions on brand-related consumer issues (e.g. sponsoring or give-away requests, product claims or product ideas, etc.), this website is not the right place to discuss these topics. Nevertheless we want to assist you in your enquiry in the best possible manner. For further advice please see our contact form.
Don’t impose your opinion on others.
You have every right to have a personal point of view. And everybody else has this right as well!
Data privacy is very important to us.
Please remember that the internet never forgets. This means everything you publish will be visible to the world for a very, very long time. Common sense is a huge factor here. If you are about to publish something that makes you even the slightest bit uncomfortable, review. Do not reveal personal information about yourself, bloggers or fellow commenters; and do not reveal confidential or proprietary information.
Involve as many people as possible in the conversation.
The adidas Group’s official language is English. We would like to enable as many interested people as possible to follow and participate in our conversation. That’s why we will only accept English comments.
Don’t become promotional.
We can’t accept comments which promote external commercial purposes, especially if the content is not relevant to the matter of the article.
First review, then submit.
We want to share your comments which are published in the GamePlan A magazin as long as possible. By submitting your comment you entitle the adidas Group to publish your comment without time limitation within the GamePlan A magazin. Please review your comment before submitting in terms of whether or not you want it to be published the way you just authored it. All rules and advices also apply for usernames.
2. Our moderation principles
In the interest of all users, the moderators of this website reserve the right to not post, later remove or modify inappropriate comments. We are furthermore entitled to block IP addresses or to limit your rights of use. At best, you back us up to avoid this situation by sticking to the rules and advice mentioned in the GamePlan A guidelines. Please see below at which point and how we interfere:
- We come into action if a comment infringes one or more of the above-mentioned guidelines.
- As a general rule, we will make clear where we acted.
- Where possible we will not delete the whole comment but just parts of it. If the comment thereby loses its entire informative value or if the greater message is altered we will remove it completely.
- Beyond that, we will remove comments which might not explicitly violate a rule, but which are not essentially relevant to the conversation. If possible, we mostly redirect comments of this kind to other articles or comments.
- Furthermore, we do not accept automatically generated comments and posts.
- We will only react to deletion requests for specific comments if they are legitimate (e.g. notifications regarding incitements, ethnic slurs, personal insults, obscenity, etc.). That’s why we ask you to review your comment before submitting in terms of whether or not you want it to be published the way you just authored it.
- We close a discussion if it veers away from the original topic or if many comments don’t follow the guidelines. As a general rule, we will notify you prior to the shutdown of the comment function. In exceptional cases, we reserve the right to shut it down immediately.
- We will give users a written warning if they infringe the rules continuously or particularly severely. If this does not result in a change of behaviour we will exclude the person from the community.
If you have any questions or remarks for our moderators or if you feel that one of our moderation efforts was not justified, we will be happy to receive an email from you. However, to maintain the quality of the conversation on this site, please refrain from posting these kinds of questions in the website. We will let you know if we need to adapt the rules and principles stated here.
3. Social Media Guidelines for adidas Group employees
At the adidas Group we believe in open communication. Every employee is encouraged to tell the world about the work we do and to share our passion. In order to avoid any problems or misunderstandings, we have come up with a few guidelines to provide helpful and practical advice when operating on the internet as an identifiable employee of the adidas Group and its brands.