Today it is all about the other side. How to get an internship with adidas? How to apply and what else is important. Being responsible for our interns at our global headquarters in Herzogenaurach, I will tell you today a little bit more about the how, when and where.

We offer internships in many different locations of the company, which are always advertised via our career site. Most of our internship opportunities are based at our global headquarters in beautiful Herzogenaurach. Each year we have around 500 interns in all functional areas.

Diversity is truly important to us and already starts on an internship level. In 2015 around 40% of our interns were international, and the gender split was almost equal, with 56% female and 44% male interns.

Getting to know the adidas values on the introduction day

Usually our interns stay for 6 months. The reason is quite simple: in 6 months you can learn a lot more and also take on responsibility for own projects, which is not possible if you would only stay with us for a few weeks.

Our internships in Herzo start in February/March and then again in August/September. Each year we have two generations of interns. During your internship time we offer different events, such as an introduction day and a career information event which gives you insights into what can be possible after the internship. Even though many people would like to complete an internship abroad, we strongly recommend that you do an internship at our headquarters first and then conquer the adidas world.

Exciting faces on their first day - our interns looking forward to six months full of learnings, challenges and experiences.

Exciting faces on their first day – our interns looking forward to six months full of learnings, challenges and experiences.

How and when to apply?

We usually start the recruiting 3-6 months in advance of the start date. If currently nothing is available in your area of interest you can create a search agent. This search agent will inform you automatically when new positions are posted.

If you plan to apply for our internships you should do the following:

1. Carefully read the job description and profile requirements and ask yourself: “Do I fulfill these?”
  2. Prepare your online application including CV, cover letter and references. If you need help just check one of our previous articles about tips and tricks for the online application.
  3. Submit your application and wait for feedback.

Once you have applied, your application will be pre-screened and then sent to our hiring managers. If they think you could be a good fit for their team, they will contact you to arrange an interview. The interview can be either via phone/Skype or a live interview. We are a big company and try to give you feedback as soon as possible. However, sometimes this might take longer due to vacation time and business trips.

You might think: how do I get an internship when so many people apply for them. It is true, we receive a lot of applications for our internships but if you meet the profile criteriasubmit a full application and have the adidas fit you will definitely have the chance to get one of our internships.

At adidas we believe an internship is the ideal opportunity for students to apply their theoretical knowledge from university in the business world. Therefore, one main requirement is that you complete your internship during your study time and that you are fully enrolled at university for the complete duration of the internship. If you have already graduated from university then you should check our graduate section on our career website or the direct entry level positions, which could be suitable for you.

SEE ALSO: HOW I GOT FROM BEING AN INTERN TO BEING A TRAINEE

What do you get in return?

An internship with adidas is truly an exceptional and inspiring experience. Not only will it look good in your CV, you will also have the chance to work in one of the coolest companies around the globe. As an intern you will be able to take part in all our events, company sports courses and trips and you will also benefit from the employee product discount. So better come with an empty suitcase, as it’s sure to be full of cool adidas or Reebok stuff when you leave.

Now it's your turn!

Check out our current openings via our career site and apply if you meet the criteria. We are looking forward to your applications.

Apply

38 COMMENTS

Please take note of the commenting guidelines.
You will receive an email to approve your comment.
Please take note of the commenting guidelines.
You will receive an email to approve your comment.

Thanks for your comment

You will receive an email to approve your comment. It will only appear after your confirmation.

Okay

Oh no! An unexpected error occurred.

Try again
by Stéphane 26.10.2015
Hi,

Thank you for these guidances.

I am going to apply for an internship and I was wondering: can I put a picture on my resume or not ?

Best regards

Stéphane
by Natalie 26.10.2015
Hi Regina,

Great blog!

Does the adidas Group accept applications from PhD students wanting to carry out an internship?

Best regards

Natalie
by Regina Delchmann 26.10.2015
Hi Stéphane,

of course you can put a picture on your resume but this is not required anymore.

Best regards

Regina
by Regina Delchmann 26.10.2015
Hi Natalie,

thank you.

We only offer internships for Bachelor or Master students at the Headquarters in Herzogenaurach. You could check our career website for direct entry level positions which could be suitable for you.

Best regards

Regina
by David Uzoigwe 27.10.2015
I am applying for a research and development internship, if I'm accepted but cannot participate during these Start Dates (01.02.2016 or 01.03.2016) would I be considered for the August/September intern generation?
by Regina Delchmann 27.10.2015
Hi David,

right now you can only apply for our internships starting in February and March. If you want to do an internship starting in August/September you will have to apply in May when these positions will be posted. The applications for February and March won't automatically be considered for the internships in the second half of the year.

Best regards

Regina
by Andy 28.10.2015
To be nice if i can be like them...thats my dreams if i could be the part of the adidas team cause i really love adidas...hope someday my dreams come true...
by Adamu Alhassan 01.11.2015
This is really exciting, I have been waiting for this kind of opportunity for long. I am a graduate of Geography and a sport kit designer though I did not study designing formally and that makes me curious if I can really get an internship with Adidas. I currently work with a local sport kit producer in Kano state, Nigeria. Thank you
by Catalina 08.11.2015
Hello! I wanted to clarify on the general timeframe of the internships. For the ones that begin in August/September, would the end date be January/February?
by Regina Delchmann 17.11.2015
Hi Adamu,

for doing an internship in Germany you will have to be enrolled at a university for the whole time of the internship and the study subject has to be related to the internship you're doing. Otherwise the working permit won't be approved by the authorities.

Best regards

Regina
by Regina Delchmann 17.11.2015
Hi Catlina,

the internships starting in August will end beginning of February/end of January and the internships starting in September will end beginning of March/end of February. The internships usually last 26 weeks.

Best regards

Regina
by Zadok Isaacs 02.12.2015
Hi Regina,

Do the internships in Portland REQUIRE you to still be a student? Or could you be a recent graduate? Also, are the internships paid?

Thanks a lot for your time,

Zadok
by McKenna 16.03.2016
Hi Regina,

I applied to an Adidas internship through the career sight two months ago and still haven't heard back. I even tried to follow up and didn't hear back from that either. Should I give up?

Thanks,

McKenna
by Gurleen 28.03.2016
Do internship programmes are carried out in Auckland as well and where can we apply for them?
by Regina Delchmann 04.04.2016
Hi Zadok,

you must have graduated within 1 year of the internship or we are looking for junior and seniors in undergraduate programs. We also have roles for Masters students.

For detailed answers please reach out to the locations directly.

Best,

Regina
by Regina Delchmann 04.04.2016
Hi McKenna,

it depends where you have applied. For our internship positions at the HQ in Herzogenaurach we provide feedback latest two weeks after the application deadline has passed.

Best,

Regina
by Regina Delchmann 04.04.2016
Hi Gurleen,

generally all internship positions for all locations are available on our external career website.

www.careers.adidas-group.com

Best,

Regina
by Katie Chan 16.07.2016
Hi, I have applied for an internship in adidas in the headquaters. However, the internship will be started on 1 septemeber, and the program deadline is 15 july. I wonder there will be enough time for the VISA application. Besides, will the visa be a concern for the application? I have been looking for this internship for such a long time, I will be very sad if I am screened out because of the VISA
by Erika 01.08.2016
Hi Regina,

I applied for 3 different internships (all of them for design team) and I've received 3 emails saying that I wasn't selected just for the brand-design position in Amsterdam (I think it's because I applied when the internship deadline closed). Should I be worried about receiving the same mail 3 times for the same position? Or could it be a mistake and maybe I wasn't selected for any of the 3 different positions? All the 3 emails specify that I wasn't selected just for the brand design position Id: 148516, but it is normal to receive it 3 times in a row?

Ps. The status on my career website says all 3 positions in HQ are "applications in process" . Does that mean that you havent selected someone for the internship yet?

Sorry for the panic, I'm just really excited about this internship and I'd really like to get some updates.

Kind regards, Regina. Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions!
by Regina Delchmann 04.08.2016
Hi Natalie,

our internship program only aims Bachelor and Master students.

Best,
Regina
by Regina Delchmann 04.08.2016
Hi Stéphane,

of course you may also put a picture on your resume but it is not required.

Best,
Regina
by Aimee Roberts 03.01.2017
Hi
Apart from being a super fan of Adidas, I am currently seeking an internship this summer for 6 or 12 months. Are there any opportunities in the UK.
Cheers Aimee
Nina Weihrauch
Nina Weihrauch | Editor Aimee Roberts 09.01.2017
Hi Aimee,
thanks for your question. Great to hear that you're a fan of the 3-Stripes! :)

For me, the adidas Group is the best place to work. I also started my career at adidas as an intern. You can find all open positions on careers.adidas-group.com. Filter by "Position Type" to see only the internships. If there are no open internship positions in the UK, maybe it's worth to think about coming to Germany for an internship?! Here's a great article about working abroad: http://www.gameplan-a.com/2016/07/ask-the-right-questions-tips-tricks-for-working-abroad/.

Good luck,

Nina
by Amanda Nicol 16.01.2017
Hi!

Just wondering if you are still taking applications for the 10 Week Summer Internship program?
I can't seem to find where I should submit an application.

Best,

Amanda
by Jenny Smith Amanda Nicol 30.01.2017
Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately, we are no longer taking applications for the 2017 summer internship (10 weeks) in the US. The application process was open in October-November 2016. Please continue to review our career website for internship opportunities outside the US.
by Sandra 09.03.2017
Hi,

Great to read about this opportunity from my favorite sports brand!
Since in heard about a friend's experience as an intern at Adidas, I have had a huge interest in an internship in Germany myself. Right now I am (un)patiently waiting for the new round of openings and just got a lot wiser reading this post.

However, my university requires to have the internship deal closed no later than June 1st and I saw that the openings for August/September will not be published until May. Will it even be possible for me to apply and get an answer and (hopefully) an internship deal before June 1st?

Looking forward to your reply :)

Best,
Sandra
by Kshitij Mokashi 13.03.2017
Hi,

How flexible is Adidas with the 6-month time frame?
I have an co-op term from September to December (but I'm available from mid-August), so I was wondering if I would still be considered for an internship.

Thanks!
by RewatiK 11.04.2017
Hi Regina,

Great article there! It was quite helpful.

As a potential applicant still in the running towards the 2017 summer internship program (US), I wanted to know how long it takes for the selection process to finally wrap up. The contact person from adidas did mention through their emails that the team would be in touch with me every 2 weeks, but since it's been longer than that time frame, I was wondering when I would know.

Thank you in advance for your help!
by Rewati Kulkarni RewatiK 11.04.2017
I'm sorry to be asking this since I know the selection process is time-consuming and meticulous, but I'm just really really excited to be even considered for this internship and I just can't wait to hear some (hopefully) positive news!
by Jenny Smith Rewati Kulkarni 18.04.2017
Hi Rewati,

My deepest apologies that you have not been receiving update communication. We strive to provide an updated every two weeks. We are close to wrapping up the design and future internships and you should be hearing back shortly.
by B. Snyder 05.05.2017
I see an internship that I would be the perfect fit for at headquarters. However, I am not fluent in German. Can I still apply?

Thank you.
by Michelle Gross B. Snyder 08.05.2017
Hi B.,

you can find the requirements for the different internship positions within the particular job description on our career website. There you can also read which language skills are required for the position.

Best regards and much success for your application,
Michelle

by Steven Carael 18.08.2017
Hey there,

As part of my Masters in Business Administration I would love to do an internship at Adidas, but I don't know where to start or how to begin looking for such a thing. Is there any way you can help me? Unfortunately the Career website doesn't show a lot of traineeships.

Kind regards,

Steven
by Michelle Steven Carael 21.08.2017
Hi Steven,

great to hear that you would like to join the adidas family!

You can find all available internships / traineeships on our career web page http://www.careers.adidas-group.com . As we have fixed starting dates for our programs sometimes there are more open positions available and sometimes less. At the moment most application processes are already closed, but we will start recruiting for spring internships 2018 sometime in October this year.

In order to stay connected with us, you can register with our Career Scout on the Internet and enter your profile there. Moreover, you can activate a search assistant informing you about new job openings at all times.

For further information we recommend the adidas Group blog:

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Michelle

Nina Weihrauch
Nina Weihrauch | Editor Michelle 22.08.2017
Hi Steven!

And if you reach the next stage, check out the top 10 tips for a successful job interview, too: https://www.gameplan-a.com/2014/02/adidas-top-10-tips-for-a-successful-job-interview/.
We got you covered ;)

Good luck and best,

Nina
by Anthony Alcancia 07.12.2017
Hi,
I recently applied to the NAM Sport Science internship and the NAM Footwear Lab internship in Portland, Oregon for the 2018 summer program. I was wondering if the results have been emailed out yet (as I was told that results would be released no later than December 1st). Just wanted to make sure I was not missing any emails or perhaps ran into some kind of system error.
by Karen 19.12.2017
Hi, my son has to attend a job internship for 3 weeks next autumn. He will be in grade 10 by then. Is this also possible at adidas? Thanks for your help, Karen
by Linda 01.03.2018
Hey, i want to apply for an internship on September. But I cannot find anything for Marketing or Management. Is it to early already, should I wait a little bit? Or should I create a search agent? What do you mean with this option?
Thanks for your answer and best regards,
Linda