My Name is Christian and I am part of the adidas Football-License-Design team. I can proudly say that for the 2014 World Cup, I was part of the product creation process of the new German National Jersey, which the team will wear at the final tournament in Brazil – this is just amazing. Being a German, it was also very challenging, as we wanted to design something completely new and something a whole nation possibly likes…
The same is true for my Argentinian colleague Martin who is the designer of the Argentinian football jersey. We both need to find the right balance of being professional and the passion we have for our own country and football team. But right before the game, when you listen to the national anthem and you see your jersey being worn on the football pitch during a World Cup for the very first time – this is pure emotion, an amazing feeling and very rewarding.
More valuable knowledge about making football happen:
- Behind the scenes at adidas – What it takes to bring the 2014 World Cup to life
- A career in the center of football craziness – Product Marketing at adidas
- The science behind adidas football jerseys and other product innovations
- How adidas football designers hunt down inspiration for world cup jerseys
- How much high-tech is in the world cup’s match ball?
- Sports Marketing – The adidas vanguard for the World Cup in Brazil
- Where the football stars get their cleats pimped
- Visiting the birthplace of brazuca
- World Cup preps: A great kick-off for a career in sports
- How brazuca got Messi’s seal of approval
- Behind the scenes of the German national team
In the next #wearefootball post you’ll get to know Billy who’s a trainee in adidas’ PR department and who was lucky enough to be involved in some important projects during the ramp-up to the world cup. She’ll give you her perspective on how it feels to work with adidas as a talented young-gun. The post will be published on 30. April 2014.